JiaoZi (Chinese dumplings)
- 2 lb ground pork (or turkey/chicken/shrimp paste)
- finely chopped chives (or leeks) ~ 2 big bunch
- finely chopped ginger ~ 2 or 3 table spoons
- Soy sauce ~ 3 or more table spoons (start with 2, add as necessary)
- Several shakes of Oyster sauce ~ 3 table spoons??
- Sesame oil ~ 1 or 2 table spoons???
- Black pepper
- some spoons of corn starch spread over
- some shakes of thickened soy sauce
- Buy them from Ranch 99 :-)
- Shanghai Style: flour + water
- Hong Kong Style: flour + egg + water
- soy sauce
- chinese red rice vinegar
- sa-Cha sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)
- chili sauce
- chopped cilantro or green onion
Mix everything in a bowl, mix by hand. Add corn starch as necessary to
make it less wet. The meat should be "darkened" and smell "nice"! Let
it sit for a few hours, then wrap and boil the dumplings.