From: John Sedlander
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup dried apples (or other dried fruit)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 small half-and-half creamers (or whipped cream)
Packing the food: Put into 3 small bags
- Sugar, salt, and cinnamon
- Cover the apples with 2 cups water in a pot and let them soak 1 hour. Then bring them to a boil and simmer, covered, while you make the dumpling.
- To make dumpling: add ¼ cup water to the Bisquick bag and form into one piece of dough.
- Add the sugar spice mixture and 2 tablespoons butter to the apples. With a spoon spread the dumpling dough over them. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until the dumpling is done; it will be dry in the middle.